Saturday 8 October 2011

Wintry Weather

What a day! It's been pretty cold here. Snow on the high ground. So a day spent in a large cowshed was bound to be cold! Not a lot happening at market today, I made a few purchases, and got bargains too. I had to go on the hunt for a scarf as i was freezing! And found two, a lush purple toned patchworkish type dressy scarf, and a longer knitted stripy purple toned one, my favourite colour! And only £1 each!!! Excellent! I'm off tomorrow to visit my friend and her little girls in a nearby town. Haven't been to her new house yet, SO difficult to arrange things around kids with different nursery times etc. But her eldest Daughter has a thing about crocodiles, thanks to The Wiggles! So I found a cute TY croc for her. And her younger Daughter loves dogs, and the closest thing I could find was this cute wolf! Hopefully they'll like them. :-)
My friend loves owls, so when I spotted this Wade Whimsy Owl, I had to get it for her! I also picked up a couple of other wee owl figures. Sure she'll love them.
Found a new stall today, which is unfortunately not here too often, but is due back in November. Lots of lush pagan wiccan type things! I saw an amazing hand tooled leather book of shadows! I knew I'd not be able to afford it after buying my winter boots this week, but I did get a lovely bunch of white sage and lemongrass foe smudging. Only £2! So I'm thrilled.

Have had a lovely bath, made and eaten dinner, usually I don't cook at weekends, lovely OH does it, but he's out working. Programming tills for a friend, so it was down to me. Chicken pasta bake Cajun style. Lovely! Still feeling cold, but off to snuggle up on the sofa and read now, wait for my love to get home.

Wishing everyone a lovely weekend!

Bright Blessings!
Sal.X

No comments:

Post a Comment