Tuesday 19 January 2010

Busy busy busy.

I have, again, been lax in my blog writing efforts. Not a great start. But with sick Mum, sick toddler, and trying to support a friend through a most traumatic time, it's been bedlam here.
Things seem to be calming down, thankfully, I've had little time for craftiness, but have kept practicing my crochet. Long way to yet i fear, I am positively dying to have a go at the beautiful ripple blanket of Lucy's over at Attic24! It's beautiful! But i have taken advice from far more experienced crocheters than myself, and am looking for smaller simpler projects to start with.

On a domestic note, I am currently enjoying the smell of ham and veg soup drifting through from my beloved slow cooker, Looking forward to Friday when a rolling pin gets delivered along with my shopping, (have never owned one! Always just used a clean jar) and also waiting for a delivery of books from Waterstones. A Juliet Marillier especially. I cant wait! Have already finished the whole Sookie Stackhouse series. (True Blood) Wow! Fab books! Have passed them on to a friend to read now.

I must get on, have to make some dumplings to go with the soup, I feel the need for stodgy but relatively healthy comfort food. I hope everyone is well and wrapped up against the cold. I'll be back soon. (Hopefully)

Sal. X

No comments:

Post a Comment