Thursday 7 January 2010

SNOW DAY!

I will be spending today trying to keep 4 kids entertained, as the schools are closed due to the snow. I have my own 3 and a friend of A who babysit. The plan is, a Ghibli film, then wrap up warm and go out for some snowman building and sledging, then home for hot chocolate with marshmallows and home made shortbread cookies. The hot chocolate is a recipe i just looked up online using condensed milk as I've no milk and our local shop has none. I hope it turns out OK. Haven't thought what we'll do after that, no seed left to make fat balls for the birds. So, maybe some painting. We'll see. I hope everyone has a nice day, whether snowed in or not. Wrap up warm and take care.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogging and to Purple Coo!

    I haven't even been blogging for a year yet so I well remember the early days- the excitement, the nervousness and how much there is to learn. But, it's so great!

    I'm looking forward to learning more about your corner of the world and seeing all of your craft projects. And, I'd love some shortbread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Purplecoo.!

    Love the sound of hot choc with marshmallows and shortbread, this is a favourite of mine too.

    Look forward to hearing more about that beautiful part of the country you live in Resewnsally.

    Stay warm, it's freezing here in Norfolk.

    ReplyDelete